Donegal Tweed Bow Tie | Aran
- A Fiáin tweed bow tie is something very special. More athletic than most & featuring our signature 'twisted' knot. Our tweed is woven by Magee weavers in Donegal, Ireland. Tweeds like this are hard to come by, but once we get our hands on them we set about fashioning them into the most dapper, unique bow ties you will ever find. Made completely in-house here in our Galway workshop. We've sourced the highest quality hardware to use on the clasps & slider, & unlike many we've taken the time to tailor the neckstrap ourselves, which gives a very sophisticated finish indeed. It's dashing looks are sure to start conversations & will look fabulous worn with a crisp white oxford shirt. This 'Aran' blue coloured tweed is one of our 4 stock tweeds & also one of our favourites as it's so versatile. Predominently a mixture of dark & light blues, but when you look closely you'll even see the odd dash of lilac, green & red thrown in. Each bow tie is presented in a luxurious black linen pouch bearing our woven logo in gold.
- This Aran version has an adjustable tweed necktie with luxurious black satin lining, so it's very comfortable to wear. It can be adjusted from aprox 15" to 21.5" to suit a variety of adult neck sizes. The overall dimensions of this bow tie are aprox 4.53" x 2.13" (115mm wide x 54mm high).
- A common sense approach should be taken in regard to caring for this bow tie. Do not dry clean this bow tie. Do not put this bow tie in a washing machine. Do not submerse in water. Do not use cleaning solutions that will mark or stain the fabric. Spot clean only with a clean cloth moistened with water. If cared for and stored correctly will last & be cherished for many years to come.
- This bowtie is made from Donegal tweed. The adjustable neck strap is also made from Irish tweed along with a double satin lining. The hardware sets used are of a premium highly polished back gunmetal.
- We've named this tweed 'Aran'. We visit the Aran Islands in Galway Bay several times a year & this tweed colour reminds us of the choppy boat ride across through the deep blue water separating the islands from the mainland.
View full product details