Donegal Tweed Bow Tie | Burren
- A Fiáin tweed bow tie is something very special. More athletic than most & featuring our signature 'twisted' knot. Our tweed is woven by Magee weavers in Donegal, Ireland. Tweeds like this are hard to come by, but once we get our hands on them we set about fashioning them into the most dapper, unique bow ties you will ever find. Made completely in-house here in our Galway workshop. We've sourced the highest quality hardware to use on the clasps & slider, & unlike many we've taken the time to tailor the neckstrap ourselves, which gives a very sophisticated finish indeed. It's dashing looks are sure to start conversations & will look fabulous worn with a crisp white oxford shirt. The 'Burren' colour is a mixture of charcoal, brown & beige. It's an earthy colour & Sherlock Holmes would have been proud to wear this bow tie! Each bow tie is presented in a luxurious black linen pouch bearing our woven logo in gold.
- This Burren version has an adjustable tweed necktie with luxurious black satin lining, so it's very comfortable to wear. It can be adjusted from aprox 15" to 21.5" to suit a variety of adult neck sizes. The overall dimensions of this bow tie are aprox 4.53" x 2.13" (115mm wide x 54mm high).
- A common sense approach should be taken in regard to caring for this bow tie. Do not dry clean this bow tie. Do not put this bow tie in a washing machine. Do not submerse in water. Do not use cleaning solutions that will mark or stain the fabric. Spot clean only with a clean cloth moistened with water. If cared for and stored correctly will last & be cherished for many years to come.
- This bowtie is made from Donegal tweed. The adjustable neck strap is also made from Irish tweed along with a double satin lining. The hardware sets used are of a premium highly polished back gunmetal.
- We've named this tweed 'Burren'. It's an exceptionally unique area, covered in limestone pavement & rich in herb and floral species. As kids, our parents would have often brought us to the Burren during summer holidays. Our memories of lying out on sun-baked limestone slabs & finding natural bonsai trees between the crevices inspired us to name this tweed 'Burren'.
View full product details